Saturday, July 22, 2006

fear and loathing


I woke up today with a strange feeling
slowly bubbling to the surface, then I realized...
I feel ANGER....
I feel angry at the world
angry at religious fanatics
angry at self righteous fools
angry at hubris
angry at the tv
angry at pundits
angry at the lebanese
angry at the Israelis
angry at myself
angry at cowardice
angry at guilt
angry at the gods who have forsaken humanity
angry at THE MAN
angry at my career and work for boring me
angry at hypocrisy
angry at cigarettes for enslaving me
angry at alcohol for numbing me
angry at friends
angry at enemies
angry at stereotyping
angry at love for tormenting me
angry at growing up and being responsible
angry at learned helplessness
angry at my stranded brave old dog
angry at the sun trying to shine through my broken blinds
black fumes of anger cloud my brain and poison my soul
it is thick and heavy , suffocating and foul
will I ever be the same....

3 Comments:

Blogger Firas Wehbe said...

"angry at growing up and being responsible"

Amen to that,
your perpetual student friend

7/22/06, 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the life of the tormented lebanese.

7/22/06, 11:47 PM  
Blogger Ramzi said...

I feel the same way.

Only I was surprisingly tolerant of a scooter driver flying up a one-way street and slamming into my car.

I guess I have no anger left.

7/24/06, 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home