Friday, July 21, 2006

Dissociative Fugue


something struck me today, how little I have seen of lebanon...
for the first half of my life due to events quite similar to those happening now, my lebanon was a few blocks of ras beirut, with the occasional trip to the jabal, (my jabal that is)
ras beirut was what i thought all of lebanon was like...

then things got better, I grew older and didn't have time to explore lebanon.
weekends were spent partying and sleeping late
vacations travelling with friends to pass the summer

There never was a sense of urgency, lebanon is not going anywhere , it will always be there...

maybe we have taken lebanon for granted...maybe we have neglected it too much...

I hope it will stay there, next time you are in Lebanon take the time to smell the roses...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is pretty...

it's just unfortunate that roses have no smell.. and a prick is most likely what u'll get. L.

7/22/06, 6:13 PM  
Blogger Lycanthropy said...

eh sad but true

7/22/06, 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home